While importing a vehicle from overseas to US can help you save thousands of dollars, it is imperative to know the process to import vehicle as well. The entire process can be quite confusing, frustrating, time taking, and costly if you have no prior experience of importing vehicles in US. Therefore, if you are planning to import a vehicle to United States, you should look available options to do it easily. For that, doing research is necessary. It would help you to know the whole process involved as well as options for bringing vehicle to desired location.
Normally, when you purchase vehicle from overseas, it requires you to:
- Complete documentation to perform custom duty and taxes
- Relocate vehicle
Both are quite daunting tasks that you certainly cannot do on your own. Therefore, you should do the following:
Hire Vehicle Import Entry Certifiers
Many people choose to do documentation on their own, which is why the process deems as toughest tasks. However, the complications can be solved if you hire a qualified entry certifier for importing vehicle to US. Entrusting custom duty and import documentation responsibilities to an expert, you would not need to worry about vehicle being not allowed to enter in U.S. However, it would require you to provide details about following important things to entry certifier:
- Supporting documents that the vehicle belongs to you
- Sales receipts
- Dealer or manufacturer’s letter of authentication detailing vehicle’s specifications meet US environmental and transportation standards.
Hire a Car Transporter for Relocating Vehicle
In order to ship your vehicle to destined place, you would need to hire an auto shipping company. This is not difficult if you make right decisions while getting quotes. While looking for auto transport services, you should consider the following process to come up with reliable auto carrier:
- Surf online in order to get car shipping quotes from several international movers
- Compare their quotes and services
- Read auto shipping reviews to know experience of past customers
- Check with Better Business Bureau
- Know available options such as auto shipping methods, delivery options, etc.
- Liability amount offered in car shipping insurance
Keeping these factors in mind, you should decide which company best meets your requirements. In addition, you must check payment method. Remember, all companies have their respective traceable accounts. You must not trust a company asking you to pay via non-traceable ways such as Western Union, or money transfer ease.