Nowadays, vehicle transport services are common for transporting cars across country. A lot of people consider relocating their cars, yet they do not know the numbers of car being transported each month in the United States. Recently we have conducted a survey and consulted with few of the industry’s biggest giant to know the numbers of car they transport per month on average. After consulting with more than 50 moving companies in all states, we came to know about following results:
- More than 200 thousand vehicles were being shipped during the month of October.
- About 2.3 to 2.4 million vehicles have been shipped in the last 12 months.
Note: while we were surveying, our focus was only used cars. So these stats only reflect the numbers of used cars being transported.
You might be wondering who the biggest consumer of vehicle transportation industry is. We have figured this out during our survey and found following facts:
- Individuals, who are relocating across the country because of personal or professional reasons, mostly prefer vehicle transport services to take their cars along with them.
- People, who have purchased cars from sellers in other states, did hire vehicle transporters for moving car to desired address.
- Automotive dealers contracted auto shippers for transporting cars to their customers’ locations.
- Owners of vehicles caught up in accidents or unfortunate accidents, used car shipping services for transporting their inoperable cars.
- People, who prefer being in south and north areas during winter and summer respectively, also hire auto transporters.
Besides, there can be various other consumers of vehicle transport services. These stats show that how busy is the auto carrier industry which ships significant cars on regular basis.